Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gourmet

Monday was one of those days I was able to enjoy one of the few...er, only perk of my job. Our new ad agency came in from out of town and we all went to a super fancy 5 star restaurant for dinner. It was gourmet and it was delicious! LOL I think I ate so much less because I was savoring the food that I know I wouldn't event attempt to cook. I had a lot of left overs! I'd like to do that on a daily basis with every single meal. Now, I certainly won't dine regularly at a gourmet restaurant to do so, but I know that when I take the time to cook a meal, I savor it more than something that can just be "thrown" together. When I lost my initial 47lbs, I cooked for myself every single night. I became a master at cooking for one. I shouldn't say cook, because I treated it like my creation. Every spice was heavily considered before adding and every element of the meal was measured for caloric accuracy. It's something I really miss. So, tonight I will go back to "meal creating." :-)

Speaking of which, I'd like to introduce you to the one HUGE discovery that helped me tremendously in cooking delicious, yet healthy and low-cal meals: Miracle Noodles!

Photobucket

These are 0 calories, 0 fat and 1 carbs. Yes, you read correctly! It is made of a Japanese root and water. Super simple to make and takes on the flavor of what it is cooked with...kind of like tofu. I like using it in virtually all pasta recipes...like my all time favorite, Fettuccine Alfredo. Actually, I like the Alfredo sauce more than the fettuccine. It goes on any pasta I can get my hands on...and it is GREAT with Miracle Noodles. Which leads me to my next point, Hungry Girl. This is a website that is full of awesome ways to cut calories on everyone's favorite dishes...such as Alfredo sauce! Now, Hungry Girl uses Tofu Shirataki noodles for this recipe, but I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy the texture of those noodles...so that's why I heart Miracle Noodles more! :-)

Based on my ramble here, it's pretty evident what I'm going to make tonight: Miracle Noodle Alfredo...with some chicken and veggies of course, can't forget that! :-) I haven't made this in a while, it will come up to around 300 or so calories for the whole dish and it is a very generous dish at that!

Thanks for stopping by again! I pray your day is beautiful and filled with the peace Christ has granted us.

<3
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Hello lovely lady. Glad to see you back. You've been greatly missed :). That meal sounds great. I will have to try it some time. Where can I find these noodles? I love alfredo too. You know that already. I soooo miss your delicious cooking that I'm drooling thinking about past meals you've prepared. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dahhhling!! I miss cooking those meals too! LOL! You know I LOVE pasta, but miracle noodles has been the answer to my fix. :-p You can get them online at miraclenoodle.com for now, hopefully in the future it can be purchased in local health foods stores.

    ReplyDelete